May 15th, 2010 Riders and Sliders, Portland Or. will be sponsoring the first rest stop mechanic station on the American Lung Assn. Reach the Beach bicycle ride. The rest stop is 13.7 miles into the ride, @ Sherwood, Or. Elk’s Lodge.
Stop by to enter our drawing for a FREE Bike Overhaul valued @ $130.
ABOUT THE RIDE
May 15th, 2010
Reach the Beach is widely acknowledged as the official start of the Oregon cycling season. Four different route options make sure that the event has a little something for everyone, from experienced cyclists to those new to distance riding. Characterized by Oregon’s stunningly varied landscape, the rides proceed from rolling wine country fields, through tiny towns, to the pounding surf and soaring dunes of Cape Kiwanda where a finish line beach party awaits. The waves will be crashing on the shore as the sun sets behind Haystock Rock and you relax at the award-winning Pelican Pub in Pacific City.
Reach the Beach is a top notch ride with amazing support. The ride is limited to 3,000 riders – sign up early and tell your friends so you don’t miss out!
Full support includes:
- Continental breakfast
- Two lunch stops
- Rest stops at least every 15 miles
- A gourmet finish line dinner + beach party
- Medical and mechanical support on course
- Baggage transfers
- Hot showers and massage available
- Extra friendly, supportive volunteers
- Support vehicles to pick you up on course
- Finish line at the award-winning Pelican Pub
- Everyone’s favorite: fickle weather
- And of course, a great cause